Thursday 13 March 2008

Why is everything so narrow (small) in England???


It is so fun for me to write about this stuff. If I would have been doing this months ago I wouldn't have needed therapy. As I was picking Faith and Sawyer up from swimming today I was entering the Deeping Leisure Center through a very narrow door. I had Beckett in his carseat and had to turn it long ways out in front of me to fit it through the door. EVERYTHING is narrow here. Yes, I realize this is a small country and everything is SUPERSIZED in the U.S. Here are some other narrow (small) things I have found-please feel free to contribute if I have left something out. Doorways, stairways, roads, parking spaces, cars, aisles in stores, refrigerators, ovens, houses-even our fire place is tiny-okay, pretty much everything. My washer broke on Sun. and that got me all worked up. My washer is X-TRA SMALL capacity!! I do two loads pretty much everyday just to keep up. Fortunately, I have very nice friends here who allowed me to wash at their homes. I have heard horror stories about how long it takes service people to repair stuff. It could take weeks to get a part. Anyways, it is fixed now. It took the guy like 5 minutes. Sometimes I forget how important the everyday stuff is. I realized right away after moving here why most people here don't have more than 2 kids-there is no space in houses or cars. I drive a smaller mini-van over here and I am the largest vehicle on the road next to the Lorrey's (semi-trucks). This is why I have damaged three vehicles while living here-I'm not joking. The pic. of the kids is next to our fridge-it was taken right when we moved here so it is a little old. How can a large family be expected to live out of a dorm-sized fridge? When I was big and pregnant bending over to get inside it was not pretty!! We also have a fridge in our garage-a tall and NARROW one.

2 comments:

Holli said...

I can just imagine you bending over for something in the fridge and everyone else gets a show!:)

Unknown said...

OK so I didn't know you REALLY went to Therapy? I guess you were keeping a secret from me! LOL