Sunday 27 July 2008

Happy Birthday.......to me


The anticipation of each b-day is now not so exciting. I turned 35 today and that means I am only 5 years away from being 40. On the bright side, I am very happy to be alive and I have everything I have ever wanted and more. To say I am "blessed" would be an understatement. The kids all had cards for me today that they had carefully chosen and written in. The one's Eden and Sawyer gave me were musical cards and Faith's had a cat on it. They even chose a card for me from our cat, Zoe. From Kyle I got a card and tickets to see Carrie Underwood in concert. I am so excited for that-I can't wait! Thank You Kyle-you spoil me like crazy all the time!!


It has been a great week. Jenny had a garage sale and I took some stuff over and made $300-Yipee!! I also got a call from Holli in England on Fri., an ecard from Amy in England and was having an IM conversation with Becki, in England today. I have missed my friends in England so much and it has been great staying in touch with them. Thank goodness for the phone and Internet. I also got a TM and phone call today from my nieces and nephews. It was so great! Out of the blue I also heard from one of my girlfriends from when we lived in Iowa. I hadn't heard from Kathy in a couple of years but are hoping to get together this week. Last night we had the in-laws over to babysit and we went to the movies with our friends, The Maloys and out for cheeseburgers. We saw the new Batman movie-very good but a little intense. Oh yeah, and Jenny TM during church to wish me a happy b-day. Enough rambling-here is a photo of me and the kids with my b-day cake today. Eden couldn't take her eyes off the cake.

11 comments:

Maddie said...

SO CUTE! I thought it was very funny how Eden couldn't keep her eyes of the cake. And tickets to see CARRIE UNDERWOOD. You are so lucky. The only good thing that dad will give me is Chocolates! :-)

carrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Stacey, happy birthday to you:-) Hope you had lots of chocolate...

Anonymous said...

I kept meaning to wish you a Happy B-day and my lactating brain kept deleting the information! LOL :-) Happy Belated Birthday!

Holli said...

it must be my birthday too all these post! looks like you have been having some fun! love the pictures! miss you and you don't look a day older than the old fart you are!:) - yeah right hello BEAUTIFUL!

Amy said...

So glad to hear you had a nice birthday! Miss you tons...

JH said...

My Dear Stacey: No we didn't forget your birthday. We'll see you today. You're the one! Love, Mom and Dad

Marti said...

Happy, Happy belated birthday. Hope you enjoyed the time with your family.

Normal Mom said...

Happy belated birthday Stacey! Glad you had a great time. Hope you enjoy your concert!

Kalista Hill said...

hi ILOVE YOU! LOVE ?

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! You & your family seem enjoyed your new home very much. I'm so happy for you guys and excited to read your blog. take care

min