Wednesday 19 August 2009

First Day of School






I think I posted an entry on my blog right when school got out at the beginning of the summer somewhat complaining about the kids being home and it being stressful. Well, it ended up being a great summer that went WAY TOO FAST!! Once we got in a groove it was all good. I am VERY SAD that school has started up again so soon. However, the kids are thrilled. They came home from their 1st day (it was a 1/2 day) very happy and excited for the school year! Eden only went for 1 hour today with mommy and daddy to put away her school supplies and meet her teacher. Tomorrow she will venture out on the bus. I am SO HAPPY she has Faith and Sawyer to show her the way. I wanted to post some summer highlights for the kids and this is what they told me...

Sawyer- Kalista and Kara coming, Chuck-e-cheese, Camping with daddy, sleepover with Carson, going to Utah.

Eden- Spray park and Chuck-e-Cheese with Kalista and Kara, camping, staying with Grandma Donna

Faith-Softball, Going to Springfield, Utah and Kalista and Kara visiting.

I find the older the kids get, the more I enjoy them. I will ALWAYS love babies but I love doing "older stuff" with the kids now like playing wiffle ball in the backyard, going on bike rides and seeing movies and having them try on clothes at the mall and them actually enjoying it. Watching Eden enter kindergarten has been the hardest one for me yet. I thought it would get easier but it hasn't. I am really praying for a good school year for the kids-Faith getting prepared for jr. high and this is a big responsibility year for Sawyer in 3rd grade-he also starts getting letter grades this year-for Eden that she will like school since she will be spending most of the next 17-20 years there. Here are some photos from this morning. Oh,yeah-Eden has her friend, A.J., in her class this year so after the hour of school we went to Krispy Kreme for a donut....or two :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute kiddos!! Can't believe they are all grown up!!We have coupons for FREE doughnuts tomorrow morning. I am already looking forward to it. I will need something happy to think about when my baby (for so long) is gone ALL day!

Holli said...

HAPPY FIRST DAY! The kids look great and love the pic. with the little man in front! :)
Miss you love you and praying for your kiddes to !!!

Amy said...

So glad to hear they had a great first day of school! Mine did, too, and it is a true blessing. Makes the next couple of days go so much easier. The pictures are great! I wondered if the school served Krispy Kremes to you today. ;o)

Jeff, Tina, Ian, and Jade Saad said...

They all look too cute...how long did it take to pick out clothes?? Eden looks happy....Enjoy Beckett...You will have so much free time now...take naps...I know it is a joke..that is what everyone says to me..I wanted to see if I could convince myself..no

Shelly said...

great post! Was Faith holding beckett back by his shirt collar in the pic of all 4 kids?! :) I like the kids answers to the summer. When i asked Grayson that he just said everything that he had done the day before!!