Monday 3 August 2009

B-day, Chicago Trip, Misc....


In the hotel.


One of many scarey cab rides.


Sisters


This would be Amy's hair in the morning. Amy functions with a Blackberry so I doubt she will see this picture on my blog. Yes, it is naturally curly.


Amy and I out and about in Chi-Town after she got her hair under control.


Shana's ADORABLE son, Johnny.


Waiting for the train home with our goods.


Shana and I dressed like twins. We had to get a photo of this-it was not planned-really.


With Shana at the restaurant-I think it was called "Cafe Bob-Ba-Reeba" or something like that. Between the 4 of us we have 10 kids...ages 10 and under.


Shelly, Amy and I in our hotel


Birthday cookie from Kyle and the kids-MY FAVORITE!


The good 'ole self-portrait of me, Jenny S. and Amy M.


BEAUTIFUL b-day flowers from Jenny S. and Amy M. THANK YOU!!


I forgot to mention that Shelly's family had us out to State Farm park for swimming and grilling out-we spent all day there and had a blast!! Thanks, Shell (and Jeff)


Build-A-Bear

The last half of July has been a busy one. In 16 days school starts up again. I would REALLY like another month with the kids. Despite turning another year older, I had a great b-day. The kids gave me a "New Moon" t-shirt and bracelet, Faith and Kyle gave me a gift certificate to American Eagle (Faith even used some of her own money) and Kyle gave me money which ended up being spent on school shoes although I did sneak in a new pair of tennis shoes for the gym! I ended up making A LOT of money at the garage sale but between school clothes and signing the kids up for activities this fall, it is gone. I also ordered Sawyer a new bedroom outfit and put a down payment on it with my garage sale earnings. I ate out for my b-day a few times with friends, took the kids to Build-a-Bear and Amy, Shelly and I just took an overnight trip to Chicago. Amy and Shelly are my two best friends from high school and we always have a great time together with LOTS of laughs. My jaw is still sore from so much talking and laughing. Shelly's sister lives in Chicago so she took us to a Tapas-style restaurant and to some cute boutiques to shop. We took the train which was great. I was worried about leaving Beckett but he made it without me. I very much value my friendships with Amy and Shelly and am so greatful to have them in my life.

5 comments:

Holli said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
LOVE AND MISS YOU SO!!!!

Shelly said...

great post, Stace! I loved the pics you posted. You got some good ones!! I had a great time in Chicago...thanks to you guys. Love ya! :)

Amy said...

Looks like a fabulous time! Wonderful pictures! Glad you had a great birthday! Hope to see you soon...

Kellybee said...

Boy, you have been busy! What a fun birthday with friends. I loved the matching outfits! You are lucky to have a group of such fun ladies to hang out with!

Maddie said...

So happy you had a great birthday. Mine's coming up in 2 weeks and then I get to go into Young Womens! Yes!