Sunday 16 August 2009

Trip to Springfield











Although we live in close proximity to Springfield, I have never been to see the Lincoln Museum or his home. My parents and I took all the kids (minus Sawyer-he was with my in-laws to escape the girl power for a couple of days)this week to check it out. I was very impressed. If you are reading this and you haven't been then I highly recommend it. The museum was very interesting. I really loved it! After the museum we toured the home that Abraham Lincoln and his family lived in for 17 years-during this time he was a successful lawyer. When he became the President he rented the home out and put their furniture in storage so the home has all the original furnishings. The kids really enjoyed themselves too and were perfect angels! They really enjoyed the kids area where they could try on the period costumes.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

we've been talking about going here all summer and never found time... maybe some weekend this fall. i know Grayson would enjoy it.

AndieF said...

I took the kids to Springfield over Spring Break. I expected it to be totally crowded, but it wasn't. My kids LOVED it. I thought it was really cool too.