Tuesday 13 October 2009

Beckett's "Procedure"



Beckett's circumcision went exactly as planned. We appreciated all the prayers, emails, texts, etc... His fasting actually went really well. When we were prepping him for surgery he became very suspicious and upset and then when they took him away from me it was very sad. He had his arms reached out to me crying. I am sure it was very scary for him. As soon as I saw him after surgery a nurse was holding him and he was upset then too. His first words were "Mi Mi" when he saw me - that is what he calls me. It was all uphill from there. We were home by lunchtime. He was pretty grumpy and had discomfort when peeing on that day. He also slept for 4-5 hours that afternoon. He was back to his ornery self on Friday with minimal pain while peeing. Here are some photos. So glad it is over. By the way, they used glue-no stitches.

5 comments:

Kellybee said...

Stacey! I am so relieved for you and Beckett that everything went so well! I bet you are glad it's over! Hopefully, he'll be back to climbing on everything in no time!

Holli said...

YEAH! So glad everything went well and it is behind you!!!

Cathren12 (mom) said...

I am so thankful everything went as planned. It is so hard on us mom's when our children are ill or in pain; I know it must have been agonozing...but it is over & done with. He'll be back to normal in no time!

Amy said...

So happy that everything went well and as planned. The photos of the little man just about broke my heart. I'm sure he was elated to see you again after the procedure. Glad it is over and done with.

Corrina Dea said...

It is so hard seeing them take your little one away but it's so tender to see them afterwards. Hope he keeps coping well...make sure to watch that it doesn't heal back over...that was our problem...lots of vasaline sweetie!!!! Love you!