Sunday 25 October 2009

P-T Conferences

I had P-T conference for the 3 kids on Friday. They went really well. The time slot is only 15 minutes which isn't near enough time. Let's face it-I am a talker and I feel it is pretty much the only time that I can get to know the teacher and vice-versa. I only had 15 minutes with Eden's teacher-we went over...needed more time. I really wanted more time with Sawyer's teacher and fortunately she didn't have anyone before or after me and she listened to me babble on about Sawyer. I am still scarred by Sawyer's 1st year of school in England and I just can't recover from it. I still feel like he will never catch up. I can't get past it. He had a great year in 2nd grade but homework etc... was torture. This is his first letter grade year so I have been nervous. I am happy to report he is getting all A's and B's. He is even getting A+'s in spelling and science. Don't get me wrong we do LOTS of studying but he is VERY willing this year. Last year his desk was a total mess-just horrible. This year it is super tidy! His teacher told me she couldn't even believe that he was messy last year. Sawyer is very good at math and especially loves MONEY!! She said one of the reasons he got chosen for student council was because he was one of the only 3rd graders who could count back change while working in the student store. Okay, those of you who have heard me go on and on about Sawyer and school understand why all of this makes me so happy. He has matured so much. Now if I could just get him to stop fighting with Eden. Eden's conference went well. She is learning a lot but has work to do with letter and number recognition-this is our fault-she is the 3rd child and was rarely worked with-it is so sad. Kyle thinks it is because she never watched educational shows-she went straight into Faith's tween shows. Her teacher did tell me that Eden has very neat penmanship-one of the best in the class-she is also a very good artist. There is no doubt that she is bright she has just been neglected by her parents educationally. Faith's teacher adores her. She went on and on about how smart and no-nonsense and logical Faith is-also that she dresses well (yes, that was for me-so happy someone notices). Faith came home the other day telling me what a failure she was....she got a C+ on a test. She was so disappointed in herself. I told her it was good for her. She has RARELY ever receives a "B". This "C" was a shocker for her. I truly appreciate the fact that she is self-motivated. I also think that she and Sawyer are very competitive with each other. It makes her nervous when he brings home A's. I know this post was "braggy" but it is for my own records. We really are so proud of all their hard work.

2 comments:

Amy said...

So glad all of the kids are doing well in school. We have PT conferences in mid-November, so I'll be posting about ours soon thereafter. And you should be proud which means you should brag. ;o) Great job -- Faith, Eden, and Sawyer!!!

Holli said...

BRAG away!!! Love hearing about them!