Monday 20 July 2009

Beckett is 18 months!





Beckett turned 18 months on the 15th. I am behind on this post for him. I took him to get his photo taken and this is pretty much the only one that turned out because we couldn't get him to sit still for more than a second. I had to take a photo of the photo. You don't get a disk unless you spend over $100 and that wasn't going to happen for one photo so I opted for the $9.99 package of the ONE pose that turned out. Anyways, he is a BUSY boy. He LOVES to dance. He will dance to anything-even church hymns during church. He is just starting to get a little interested in T.V. His favorites so far are "Blue's Clues" and the very odd, "Yo Gabba Gabba". He is saying a few words like "Thank You", "ball", "baby", "no", "uh-oh". If you ask him "Who's cute?" he says "meeee." He can point to many of his body parts when asked. He also loves books and calls them "bookas". He also LOVES balls and will throw anything that he perceives looks like a ball. When I took him to go get his picture taken he was playing with a small soccer ball. The photographer was using this flower with a very long stem to tickle him. Beckett decided he wanted the flower and proceeded to use it as a golf club/baseball bat to move the ball around. They had this little podium/prop thing and he put the ball on it and tried to hit it off with the flower stem. Faith was with me and we were cracking up. Also, one day Reganne was over practicing her pitching with Faith and Beckett was watching out the window. He was trying to imitate her by spinning his arm around and throwing the ball-it was so cute! I still have to gate my stairs. He wants to go down like a big person so I can't trust him yet. It will be a happy day when I can take the gate off the stairs. He is a climber. He doesn't really get into things-just wants to climb. The picture of him on the dining room table I just took seconds ago. He is by far the most active out of all my kids. Oh yeah, he also loves to give "hi-five's" and "kisses". He just sticks out his bottom lip for his pucker. He brings us a ton of joy.

6 comments:

Maddie said...

I wasn't even counting! He can go into church nursery now! That must be a relief for you. Miss and love you so much!

Holli said...

He is so sweet! Happy 18 months!!!

The Shoes said...

He is looking more like a little man. So grown up! I'm glad you are enjoying it because I just get tired thinking about you having to chase him all over. I'm sure having the kids home helps a lot. Enjoy the last few weeks with them home!

Marti said...

Such a cutie! I can so relate. Can you believe they are 18 months? Just like you said, it seems like they were just born.

Shelly said...

Aleigha turns 18 mo on Saturday and we're getting her pics taken at Sears on Friday night.
Looking forward to seeing you guys on Saturday at the park!

Amy said...

Precious little man! He is growing up so fast...