Sunday 12 July 2009

The location of our future vacation home....haha


My cousin, Wendi, gave us a lot of suggestions for fun things to do while in Utah and one of them was to drive to this valley/reservoir area in/by Ogden. It was SO incredibly beautiful!! Pictures DO NOT do it justice. There are all these smaller towns down in this valley and a huge reservoir-it is all surrounded by beautiful mountains. It was two-lane winding mountain roads in and out. I would hate to commute in and out everyday for work. The reservoir had a ton of boats on it. I can't imagine what it would be like to wake up every morning and have all that beauty to look at outside my window. I told Kyle that I wanted a vacation home there (you all now my heart belongs here) and he told me to start looking for money in the couch cushions......guess it won't be happening anytime soon.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Definitely beautiful scenery -- but so glad you enjoy living in Illinois! ;o)

Holli said...

we will come visit on your vacations!!!
:)

Wendi said...

I'm so glad you got to visit a few of the fun places I suggested... like I said, I could have gone on forever listing fun places to go! That's the thing I LOVE about Utah... there is soooo much to see and do! You would mix better with the culture here than I do, but other than that, I love this place! It's interesting to see Utah through your perspective:~) Makes me smile! Anyway, I'm so glad we got a chance to visit for a while. I know that if you lived closer we'd be good good buddies:~) Alas, I'll settle for facebook, blogging and hopefully not have to wait another 10 years to see you! Don't be surprised if I send Drew out to visit one summer...

Mary said...

I haven't read your blog (or any blogs) for a while -- I didn't even know you went to Utah. We have been to that valley before and it is SO beautiful! Love all of your pictures. I was telling Matthew about Bex' circumcision last night. It makes us nervous.